The Fairtree Infrastructure Debt Fund is a South African institutional investment fund, focused on environmentally sustainable renewable energy infrastructure.
What We bring To The Partnership
The Fairtree Infrastructure Debt Fund is backed by Fairtree – a leading multi strategy asset and long only investment manager which was founded in 2003. Fairtree has over R110bn assets under management and has operations in Southern Africa, Guernsey, the UK and Europe.
We strive to be excellent stewards of investors’ capital. We invest alongside investors with our own capital.
Our investment team has deep expertise and experience in infrastructure investments including power project development, construction and operations. We assist institutional investors gain access to private owned power generation plants (IPPs) which is the largest and best governed sector in South Africa.
We are locally based which further supports the excellent access to the main IPP Developers and Lenders for the transaction and deal team.
We are a soft landing and a second home to ease your way into new markets that were previously only accessible mainly through BEE funds.
We Target Greenfield Investment Opportunities in
South Africa that Support the Needs of Today and Tomorrow.
Businesses in which we partner and invest typically demonstrate:
- Focussed on partnering with leading developers and lenders to aid the South African power sector
- Strong and positive social, environmental or societal impact
- Huge opportunity to secure a government guaranteed, inflation linked, long-term, self-liquidating investment
- Stable, predicitable and diversified returns with low costs
- We focus on creating value through sensible and profitable growth
- We invest in opportunities within the South African government’s Renewable Energy Independent Power Producer Programme (REIPPP) and private offtaker market
- The Fund will yearly place a total of R 1- 2 billion in 3-4 projects per year from 2022 to 2030.
- The participation of Fairtree as the Fund Manager will ensure good governance, efficient management and administration.