The Fund's Goal:
The Fairtree Equity Market Neutral FR QI Hedge Fund aims to create capital growth for investors by extracting excess returns from the
South African equity market by mainly investing in the top 100 listed equities on the JSE (by market capitalization).
Why hedge funds?
The information provided in this video does not constitute advice and is intended to be educational in nature and/or to provide a general description of Hedge Funds. This video does not constitute a solicitation, invitation or investment recommendation. Investors are urged to seek specialised financial, legal and tax advice before investing.
The Fund is for you if:
- You have an existing investment portfolio and are looking for ways to enhance returns and further diversify your overall portfolio.
- Your view of diversification includes investing in a unique investment strategy that uses gearing / leverage across different asset classes (equities and bond instruments), employing multiple alternative strategies to generate uncorrelated return streams.
- Your main objective is to create real investment growth over the medium – long term.
- You are in the position to stay invested for 5+ years, allowing the fund to achieve maximum growth (although you may withdraw from the fund at any time).
- You are comfortable with a medium investment risk profile.
- You wish to generate potential positive returns even when markets are falling, capitalising on downside risk protection that hedge funds typically offer.