Our Graduate Programme is currently closed for 2022. Please follow us on social media for more updates for next year.
Graduate Programme 2022
The Fairtree Asset Management Graduate Programme is an exciting opportunity for graduates to gain experience at our
multi asset firm. This is a 10 month program where interns will develop a broad skills base that will kick start their career
in the asset management industry. Next year we will be hiring interns in the following categories; Equity, Marketing,
Investment Solutions and Operations.
Training and development
Trainees will participate in various training initiatives to develop their overall profile and enhance their skills and
knowledge to deliver at the required levels. Training will incorporate technical and soft skills development programmes.
Interns will participate in a training programme for a period of 10 months starting from February 2020. Shorter periods
or delayed starts will be considered for exceptional cases.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- South African citizen
- Driver’s license essential
- EE Candidates
Equity Analyst Intern:
- Bachelor’s degree in Investments or Finance
- Bachelor’s degree with Marketing as major subject
- Specific interest in marketing and communication
- Bachelor’s degree in Investments or Finance with Accounting as major subject.
- Specific interest in middle office operations (controls over security transaction processing and checking integrity of portfolio management system)
Investment Solutions Intern:
- Bachelor’s degree with Investments, Actuarial, Finance, Statistics or Economics as the major subjects
- Specific interest in investments, solutions and investment advice
Most important attributes:
- Strong academic track record
- Interest in business and investments
- A questioning nature and an analytical mind
- Strong numerical ability
- Adaptable and flexible
- Ability to multi-task and work in teams
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- MS office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Coding skills preferable, but not necessary
How to apply
Applications for the 2022 intake are currently open and close on 31 August 2021. Suitable candidates will be interviewed
and notified of the success of their application after the closing date.
Applications must contain:
- Application form
- Academic transcripts (Matric and University)
- Copy of your ID
Email applications to: email@example.com
BELLVILLE, CAPE TOWN
- Experience as an attorney, and dealing within the field of financial services with knowledge of investment products will be an advantage.
- Experience as a legal adviser or related position at a financial institution will be an advantage.
- Current and relevant knowledge of financial services issues and all legal aspects of fund management businesses, will be a significant advantage.
You will be required to:
- Drafting/reviewing different types of commercial agreements, specifically agreements relating to fund management business activities and ensuring that the business is not exposed to unnecessary risk;
- Assist/resolve ad hoc legal issues;
- Assist in reviewing and interpretation of legislation / sub-ordinate legislation (specifically the Financial Intelligence Centre Act, the Collective Investment Schemes Control Act, the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act and the Companies Act);
- Advise management, employees and clients on all legal matters that affect business decisions;
- Assessment of feasibility of existing and/or new products and/or enhancements from a legal perspective;
- Liaise with outsourced compliance officers;
- Drafting company policies and monitoring compliance therewith;
- Monitoring ongoing compliance of the business and its portfolios with the legal and regulatory environment
- South African citizen
- EE Candidates preferred
- B Com/BA, LLB or B Proc
- Minimum 3-5 years post articles experience
- Admitted attorney
Skills/Competencies and experience
- High standard of legal drafting skills;
- Meticulous/attention to detail;
- Good problem solving skills;
- Ability to multi-task effectively and manage projects;
- High standard of work / conscientious;
- Deadline and delivery focused;
- Able to take initiative / be proactive and exercise sound judgment and decision making;
- Ability to operate independently as well as in a team;
- Understanding the existing regulatory structures governing financial services;
- Ability to interact with the various internal departments, service providers and clients on legal matters.
Should you fit the profile kindly forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org