Our excellent graduate programme is an exciting opportunity for graduates to gain experience at our multi asset firm. Applications are currently closed for 2021. Please follow us on social media for more updates for next year.
There are currently no vacancies available
LEGAL ADVISER – 1 YEAR FIXED TERM CONTRACT BELLVILLE, CAPE TOWN
- Experience as an attorney, and dealing within the field of financial services with knowledge of investment products will be an advantage.
- Experience as a legal adviser or related position at a financial institution will be an advantage.
- Current and relevant knowledge of financial services issues and all legal aspects of fund management businesses, will be a significant advantage.
You will be required to:
- Drafting/reviewing different types of commercial agreements, specifically agreements relating to fund management business activities and ensuring that the business is not exposed to unnecessary risk;
- Assist/resolve ad hoc legal issues;
- Assist in reviewing and interpretation of legislation / sub-ordinate legislation (specifically the Financial Intelligence Centre Act, the Collective Investment Schemes Control Act, the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act and the Companies Act);
- Advise management, employees and clients on all legal matters that affect business decisions;
- Assessment of feasibility of existing and/or new products and/or enhancements from a legal perspective;
- Liaise with outsourced compliance officers;
- Drafting company policies and monitoring compliance therewith;
- Monitoring ongoing compliance of the business and its portfolios with the legal and regulatory environment.
- South African citizen
- EE Candidates, female preferred
- B Com/BA, LLB or B Proc
- Minimum 5 years post articles experience
- Admitted attorney
Skills/Competencies and experience
- High standard of legal drafting skills;
- Meticulous/attention to detail;
- Good problem solving skills;
- Ability to multi-task effectively and manage projects;
- High standard of work / conscientious;
- Deadline and delivery focused;
- Able to take initiative / be proactive and exercise sound judgment and decision making;
- Ability to operate independently as well as in a team;
- Understanding the existing regulatory structures governing financial services;
- Ability to interact with the various internal departments, service providers and clients on legal matters.
CLOSING DATE: 19 MARCH 2021
Should you fit the profile kindly forward your CV to email@example.com