Our Graduate Programme is currently closed for 2022. Please follow us on social media for more updates for next year.
Fairtree Graduate Programme 2024
Fairtree is a leading global investment manager that manages alternative and long-only investment portfolios across all global asset classes for local and offshore clients. As a trusted investment partner, we continually strive for investment excellence and to deliver consistent and competitive returns as we have done since the inception of our first fund in 2003 while pursuing our purpose of enriching the lives of all our stakeholders.
We deliver on this purpose through our five core values: Excellence, Integrity, Growth, Real Relationships and Family. We strive to live these values every day and trust that they will drive every action or decision made at Fairtree in the best interest of all stakeholders. We believe this has created a unique culture where a safe environment exists for investment ideas to flourish.
About the Fairtree Graduate Programme
The Fairtree Graduate Programme is an exciting opportunity for graduates to gain experience and grow at our multi-asset firm and learn first-hand from our investment professionals.
The Fairtree Graduate Programme is a bespoke 12-month training programme designed for graduates to broaden their skills base, including technical and soft skills development, and kick-start their careers in the asset management industry.
The 12-month graduate programme will commence in January 2024, with shorter periods or delayed starts considered for exceptional cases. The relevant qualifications, competencies, attributes and fit with the team and the Fairtree culture are critical.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- South African citizenship.
- EE candidates are preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree with Investments, Actuarial, Finance or Statistics as the major subjects. Coding skills are preferred but not essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in Investments or Finance with Accounting as major subject.
- Specific interest in middle office operations (controls over security transaction processing and checking the integrity of portfolio management system).
- Bachelor’s degree with Investments, Finance or Statistics as the major subjects.
- Specific interest in business development (in a supporting capacity), investments, client liaison and client reporting.
Competencies and attributes:
- A track record of excellence, including strong academic performance.
- An interest in business and investments.
- Strong numerical ability.
- A questioning nature and an analytical mind.
- Being a team player.
- Self-starter with a proactive can-do attitude.
- Clear, concise writing skills.
- A good communicator with a belief in strong, open and honest relationships.
- Adaptable and flexible with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- An interest in self-development.
- Hardworking and detail-oriented with a commitment to excellence.
How to apply for the Fairtree Graduate Programme (2024)
If you believe that Fairtree could provide you with the environment to grow and flourish and you want to explore the Fairtree Graduate Programme opportunity further, please submit the documents listed below in the form provided by 24 November 2023:
- Academic transcripts to date (Matric and University)
- Copy of your SA ID
Applications for the 2024 Fairtree Graduate Programme intake are currently open and will close on 24 November 2023. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the closing date for interviews and for their consideration of the opportunity to grow with Fairtree.
Thank you for your applications. Please note that applications for 2023 are now closed.