Our Graduate Programme is currently closed for 2022. Please follow us on social media for more updates for next year.
Graduate Programme 2022
The Fairtree Asset Management Graduate Programme is an exciting opportunity for graduates to gain experience at our
multi asset firm. This is a 10 month program where interns will develop a broad skills base that will kick start their career
in the asset management industry. Next year we will be hiring interns in the following categories; Equity, Marketing,
Investment Solutions and Operations.
Training and development
Trainees will participate in various training initiatives to develop their overall profile and enhance their skills and
knowledge to deliver at the required levels. Training will incorporate technical and soft skills development programmes.
Interns will participate in a training programme for a period of 10 months starting from February 2020. Shorter periods
or delayed starts will be considered for exceptional cases.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- South African citizen
- Driver’s license essential
- EE Candidates
Equity Analyst Intern:
- Bachelor’s degree in Investments or Finance
- Bachelor’s degree with Marketing as major subject
- Specific interest in marketing and communication
- Bachelor’s degree in Investments or Finance with Accounting as major subject.
- Specific interest in middle office operations (controls over security transaction processing and checking integrity of portfolio management system)
Investment Solutions Intern:
- Bachelor’s degree with Investments, Actuarial, Finance, Statistics or Economics as the major subjects
- Specific interest in investments, solutions and investment advice
Most important attributes:
- Strong academic track record
- Interest in business and investments
- A questioning nature and an analytical mind
- Strong numerical ability
- Adaptable and flexible
- Ability to multi-task and work in teams
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- MS office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Coding skills preferable, but not necessary
How to apply
Applications for the 2022 intake are currently open and close on 31 August 2021. Suitable candidates will be interviewed
and notified of the success of their application after the closing date.
Applications must contain:
- Application form
- Academic transcripts (Matric and University)
- Copy of your ID
Email applications to: email@example.com
Our Bursary applications are currently closed for 2022. Please follow us on social media for more updates for next year.
Sorry, there are no positions available at this time.
Fairtree believes the appointment of a reporting resource with appropriate experience and qualifications
will allow it to support the increase in business demand.
- Position within the Distribution team, principally as a Reporting & DDQ Specialist.
- The Reporting Specialist will report to Head of Distribution Services who reports into the Head of
- The purpose of the role is to contribute to and promote robust reporting procedures across the investment management business to create an efficient, responsive and process driven distribution
- EE candidate preferred.
Qualifications and experience
- Appropriate finance qualification, BCom (Hons) preferred.
- Self-driven with 1-3 years working in distribution / client reporting in the fund management industry.
- Familiarity with DDQ content management.
- Strong communicator and team player.
- High attention to detail.
- Relevant computer skills.
- Responsible for all DDQ requests, specialist investment reports, ad hoc questionnaires, and similar within the distribution team.
- Manage the completion of questionnaires/reports by liaising with the various stakeholders.
- Complete the quarterly UCITS/Regulatory board reports.
- Support the ESG analyst to report on ESG matters and the development/completion of all ESG suite of reports.
- Checking of more advanced client queries, ad-hoc reports and other ad-hoc tasks be a wider support to distribution team.
- Share and transfer product, process and systems knowledge to colleagues.
- Collaborate and work with internal teams to deliver required service levels.
- Ensure achievement of own performance objectives.
- Share information with other team members regarding successes, issues, trends and ideas.
- Participate in own professional development and career path.
- Relevant computer skills (Qvidian or similar; plus standard Office 365 understanding)
- Process driven.
- High attention to detail is critical.
- Problem solving and innovation.
- Relevant market knowledge.
- Team player.
- Relationship management and networking with stakeholders and service providers.
Please forward all CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 31 May 202
Role Title: Intermediate Developer
Nice to have
These skills will be an advantage in your application, but are not required*.
- Material UI
- Testing Implementation with Jest
- UX Design
- Redux + Redux
Best fit for position
- Be passionate and teachable in your craft
- Comfortable working in a team
- Clean code
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Dedication to meet project deadlines promptly
- Attention to detail
In addition to your CV:
In addition to your CV please elaborate on your prior project experience: (min 2 projects)
- A short description of the project
- What was the biggest challenge, and
how did you solve it
- What skills did you use to finish the
Closing Date: Open until appropriate candidate has been hired.