Graduate Programme – Investment Analyst
The Fairtree Capital Graduate Programme is an exciting opportunity for finance and investment graduates to gain experience at our multi asset firm. This is a 10 month program where interns will develop a broad skills base that will kick start their career in the asset management industry.
Trainees will predominately get exposure to equity research which includes long-only, hedge funds and trading, as well as get an opportunity to job shadow other areas of the business such as Distribution and Operations.
Training and development
Trainees will participate in various training initiatives to develop their overall profile and enhance their skills and acknowledge to deliver at the required levels. Training will incorporate technical and soft skills development programmes. Graduates will assist analysts and portfolio managers in research functions, including meeting company management, basic modelling and presentations.
Interns will participate in a training programme for a period of 10 months starting from February 2019. Shorter periods or delayed starts will be considered for exceptional cases.
- Bachelor’s degree investments or finance
- South African citizen
- Driver’s license essential
Most important attributes:
- Proven academic track record
- Interest in business and investments
- A questioning nature
- An analytical mind
- Strong numeracy
- An eye for detail
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Ability to multi-task and work in teams
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work in a pressurized environment and complete tasks
- Decisiveness and the ability to recommend solutions
- MS office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
How to apply
Applications for the 2019 intake are currently open and close on the 31st August 2018. Suitable candidates will be interviewed and notified of the success of their application after the closing date.
Applications must contain:
- Academic transcripts (Matric and University)
- Copy of your ID
Email applications to: email@example.com
IN THE PRESS